Your website may uses the Profiles plugin to allow your Faculty members to update their own profiles. To provide access, the steps are outlined below:
In general: add the user’s account, and then associate their profile with the new account.
- The user must have a CMS account before you add them to your site.
- ask the user to go to cms.ubc.ca and create an account with their CWL
- Now you can add the user to your site; visit cms.ubc.ca to log in and click My Sites to view the dashboard of your site.
- Click Users in the left menu.
- Click Add New.
- Type in the email address of the user (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click the Add User button.
At this point, the new user will receive an email from the WordPress website. They must click a Confirm link within the email to activate their new account.
Now you can assign the profile to the person.
- In the dashboard of your site, click the Profiles menu.
- Scroll or use the search feature to find the correct Profile.
- “Edit” the profile.
- On the right column, scroll down until you see the “Author” box.
- In the dropdown list, choose the matching account name.
- “Update” the profile.
You are done! Instruct the new user to log in with their CWL from cms.ubc.ca, then edit their profile.