In This Section: Widget Areas Common Widgets Section Widget Section Widget Tabbed Subpages Navigation
WordPress Widgets add content and features to your Sidebars or other designated, wigitized, areas such as the footer for example.
Examples are the default widgets that come with WordPress; for post categories, tag clouds, navigation, search, etc.
Widgets require no code experience or expertise. They can be added, removed, and rearranged on the WordPress Dashboard Appearance > Widgets panel.
Some WordPress Widgets offer customization and options such as forms to fill out, includes or excludes of data and information, optional images, and other customization features.
CLF WordPress offer multiple wigitized area:
- Frontpage: Frontpage Widget Area- Position determined in Appearance > Theme Options > Frontpage
- Primary: Primary Sidebar
- Secondary: Secondary Sidebar
- Before Content
- After Content
- After Singular: Above After Content widget area
- Footer: For content above footer
- Header: For content below the main navigation or header
- 404 Template: Content for missing pages or posts
The section widget allows the user to add text, shortcodes, images, html and more. It also allows the user to designate what pages or posts the widget appears.
- Special Pages: Consist of special group organizations such as “Everywhere” to a more specific grouping as “Profile Pages”
- Pages: Widget will show on specified pages
- Categories: Widget will show on specified categories
- Tags: Widget will show on specified tags
Section Widget (Tabbed)
The same functions at the section widget only you can create content in tabs
Subpages Navigation Widget
A customizable menu widget that can be used to show all of a websites navigation (Including main pages and subpages) or simply a sections subpages.
The widget has multiple options and variations to choose from:
- Widget Title
- Subpages of the Current Page: Will only show the subpages of the current page.
- All Pages
- Subpages of the Top-level Pages Recommended: This option will only show the subpages of the section. It wil also include subpages of subpages.
- Custom Menus: Shows a dropdown list of all custom menus
- Nest children pages under their parents? Recommended.
- Make the list collapsible? Recommended.
- Exclusive selection (Accordion style)
- Automatically expand the current level Recommended.